Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Stoplight Soliloquy

Here is an artistic entry called Stoplight Soliloquy.

To stop or not to stop
That is the question

Silently I wait
Stop light glaring ominously red
A luminescent temporary barrier
Between me and my destination

I look right, left, right
If I left it's not right
But is it right to hinder my flight
In the dark of night
With no one in sight

I Ponder the purpose of this crimson specter
Inconvenience? Character building?
Traffic control? AH!, traffic control

As if Divine wisdom guided my thoughts
this flash of brilliance came
Tis irony I think to pause idly on my journey
before this glowing sentry
Guarding me from an unseen danger

To stop or not to stop
Perhaps madness drives me
My thoughts focused on my plight
Perhaps madness, but no more madness
Than the insanity of this impasse

To stop or not to stop
That is the question
... I think not

No comments: